February 05, 2009
A blog friend of mine (thanks, LaShawn!) had the bright idea of taking the Facebook meme and posting it to her blog. Given that I couldn't tag many of the folks I would have tagged before running out of space, I thought I'd do the same thing....
1. I love baseball caps from obscure places/sports teams, the more obscure and unique the better (though I've backed off of getting ahold of as many as I used to).
2. Though I'm a long-time big time geek and have lived in Atlanta almost 15 years, I've never been to Dragon Con (the annual megageekfest in Atlanta every year).
3. I put up a gruff front, but spoil my kids where and when I can.
4. I've gone toe-to-toe with Bill O'Reilly on his TV show -- and won the argument.
5. A hidden guilty pleasure: reading paranormal romance novels (not the trashy ones though -- okay, maybe Laurell K. Hamilton's trashy ones).
6. Attention span? What's that?
7. I'm allergic to the edible skins of fruit (apples, pears, peaches, cherries, plums, et.al.) -- which breaks my heart. I grew up eating apples and pears from the trees in my grandfather's yard.
8. For the past four years, I've spent the early part of the year doing taxes with H&R Block.
9. Was almost virginal with my language in high school -- with rarely a cross word; these days, I cuss like a drunken sailor.
10. I have a morbid, no clinically paranoid fear of dentists or anyone else coming near my mouth. When I needed oral surgery and a root canal last year, I had to be put out cold for them to even get near me. (they only did half my mouth then; I am already apprehensive about getting the other half done) Come to find out when I was 4, I had my tonsils out (I knew that part). There were complications afterward. In the emergency room, the doctor needed to get into my mouth RIGHT THEN -- so he had my mom to hold my head, my dad to hold my feet, and he dived in. I don't remember that, but apparently, that's the source of my phobia. Can't do anything about it after this many years, but at least now I know.
11. My wife (She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed) describes me sometimes as the "smartest dumb blonde" she's ever met...
12. I procrastinate incessantly.
13. My columns have shown up in something like 400 newspapers back when I was doing them.
14. I'm quoted in Michelle Malkin's controversial book "Unhinged: Exposing Liberals Gone Wild".
15. A 2003 column I wrote opposing reparations which has ties to a science fiction trueism has been widely quoted and is still cited in academic and political policy discussion circles today: "TANSTAAFL: There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch".
16. I've written testimony for several Congressional subcommittees, most notably for the Senate's confirmation hearings for Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts.
17. Despite walking away from active commentary in 2005, I'm still on Project 21's National Advisory Board. (Walking away was not as problematic as many might think. While I loved it, it didn't pay. Television work does. My kids have to eat. QED.)
18. I love gadgets -- like most guys -- but I didn't get a cell phone until a couple of years ago, and even then, only got a cheap pay-as-you-go Virgin Mobile throwaway.
19. I've suffered from migraines since I was in grade school (something I don't wish on anybody).
20. I was 150 pounds soaking wet the day I got married (which surprises folks who know me now), and am pushing twice that now (which surprises folks who knew me then)...
21. For years, friends and family have suggested that I go on Jeopardy, but the very idea terrifies me.
22. Black coffee, no sugar, no cream -- the stronger the better...I refuse to pollute mine.
23. My family's been able to trace backward to show family ancestry in England, Wales, France, Spain, the old Mississippean Indian nation here in the US, and quite probably Morocco in northern Africa.
24. The very first car I bought was a '74 MGB convertible, back in '84. Spent all of $1,000 on it. Got it restored, and drove it until we moved home in '89. I still kick myself today for selling it.
25. Find I have to "go away" for awhile every now and then to recharge my mental batteries. Rachel calls it "going on walkabout." I'll disappear -- drive about as far as I can go while getting back in a day's time, though I've done it overnight a few times before. I don't do it as often as I used to though.
26. Smoked cigarettes in college, then graduated to cigars, then a pipe, before giving it up when Rachel was pregnant with Jasmine.
27. Was into yoga and fitness long ago...keep threatening to get back into it
28. Told the kids that if any of their friends showed up with their pants around their knees, that I'd greet 'em at the door with duck tape and a staple gun...
Posted by: Juni at October 21, 2009 08:44 PM (t+XTo)
Posted by: Life Quotes at November 09, 2009 12:37 PM (knUme)
Posted by: Mal Right at December 21, 2009 05:47 AM (opH8y)
Posted by: Perry Swan at January 25, 2010 03:12 PM (Mpv7v)
Posted by: Lori Roberts at April 01, 2010 10:52 AM (eZrA4)
Posted by: TTTTTTTTTTTTYY at October 22, 2010 10:28 PM (13zVx)
Posted by: law essays at December 09, 2010 02:08 AM (caeA/)
Posted by: Dermatologists Melbourne at February 16, 2011 01:43 AM (kixVm)
Posted by: Rebecca Jones at February 17, 2011 03:21 AM (kBXfd)
Posted by: Marlboro $20 per Carton at March 22, 2011 10:25 AM (eii8P)
Posted by: buy rift paltinum at April 06, 2011 04:55 AM (AN+a+)
carpet cleaning | data roaming | carpet cleaning london
Posted by: carpet cleaning at June 13, 2011 10:15 AM (F3NF5)
Posted by: parts sociales at June 18, 2011 01:25 PM (h4rl5)
Posted by: Winston at June 30, 2011 06:08 AM (eii8P)
This is the things that I need to try and do. Many thanks for sharing this to us. Evidently folks will read this it'll additionally do by their own. Horse Meds
Posted by: jeanymeets at July 08, 2011 12:40 AM (wpDI5)
Hi this one is great and is really a good post. I think it will help me a lot in the related stuff and is very much useful for me. Very well written I appreciate & must say good job.
Posted by: Assurance auto at July 17, 2011 09:07 AM (Kw8Ik)
Posted by: custom home builders at August 07, 2011 11:17 PM (CxyVo)
We have gotten many great comments from our customers and earn a good reputation in foreign makerts, more than 90% customers are satisfied with our products and service, till now our online members are beyond 80,000. As of right now, we currently serve customers from over 18 countries, and we are still growing. We really hope to expand our business through cooperation with individuals and companies from around the world.
Posted by: ã‚·ãƒ¥ãƒ¼ã‚º æµ·å¤–é€šè²© at August 22, 2011 01:38 AM (mDdaY)
The post was really interesting to read. I like this idea for sharing this thins to us. And I would like also share this online english that Iâ€™ve been take in a week ago as a requirements of new work.
Posted by: Jelly Myles at September 03, 2011 01:26 AM (w89fx)
Amazing write I want to appreciate the author. I loved to read that. Thank you so much for sharing the post with all. You are bookmarkedSEO Outsourcing | Software Testing Jobs | Outlook PST Repair
Posted by: mikesonu at September 21, 2011 04:57 AM (mXbWt)
Posted by: Free Video Chat at September 22, 2011 01:19 PM (dmZdY)
Posted by: Lap Band in Los Angeles at October 18, 2011 06:11 PM (956rs)
Posted by: orlando lawyers at October 19, 2011 05:39 PM (956rs)
Posted by: moonpharmacy at November 08, 2011 01:08 PM (rjmCa)
Posted by: security camera chennai at November 13, 2011 02:24 AM (pszK6)
Posted by: Tow Trucks For Sale at January 29, 2012 12:37 PM (PAScH)
Posted by: Sildenafil Online at March 19, 2012 03:35 AM (IZP67)
Posted by: jorgitopp at March 31, 2012 05:28 AM (Oi+uC)
Posted by: Josh at April 13, 2012 03:09 AM (2FCPk)
Posted by: How To Lose Weight Tips at April 16, 2012 09:38 AM (ft/9W)
sarah from voyance gratuite par email
Posted by: voyance at April 19, 2012 09:19 AM (dt1Dc)
Posted by: Notebooks at May 02, 2012 11:24 PM (/sozi)
<a href="http://davewirth.blogspot.com/2012/02/illegal-light-bulbs.html" rel="dofollow">Illegal Light Bulbs</a>
watch out if you are reading this and living in the United States
Posted by: Illegal Light Bulbs at May 18, 2012 01:45 PM (lPHpH)
Posted by: Jacket Coats at May 23, 2012 10:46 PM (nw1y8)
Posted by: discount oakley sunglasses at June 18, 2012 08:20 PM (pVXWm)
Posted by: kolaci at July 02, 2012 08:35 AM (93nwm)
Posted by: Top 10 songs at July 11, 2012 05:12 PM (jv5R0)
Posted by: Transindus at July 30, 2012 10:34 AM (US9XL)
I was very happy that I discovered this website. I needed to thank you for this excellent information!! I have bookmarked your blog to check out the new stuff you post
Posted by: laser hair removal at August 04, 2012 04:40 PM (aGOiu)
Posted by: Thiet ke to roi at September 05, 2012 10:16 PM (KiR4s)
A must read article for those who want to move their organization to a higher level with website marketing.
Posted by: forex technical analysis at September 24, 2012 07:42 PM (rVW+2)
Posted by: hash at October 01, 2012 02:09 AM (pKVjz)
Posted by: Custom Logo Design at October 01, 2012 02:10 AM (pKVjz)
Posted by: Top Online Games at October 01, 2012 06:33 AM (qQeLv)
Posted by: Cung mua at November 19, 2012 09:26 PM (KcQ+q)
Posted by: carpet cleaning stanmore at November 23, 2012 03:36 PM (cYOID)
Posted by: calipo at January 28, 2013 03:08 PM (us4vd)
40 queries taking 0.2243 seconds, 118 records returned.
Powered by Minx 1.1.6c-pink.